Christmas Kiss Cookies
These rich chocolate cookies are covered in Christmas sprinkles and topped with a Hershey’s kiss! If you are looking for a cookie that is perfect for Christmas, look no further than these Christmas kiss cookies. These double chocolate Hershey’s Kiss cookies are completely covered in Christmas sprinkles… Don’t they look festive?
This double chocolate cookie is delicious on its own, but it’s made even better by the addition of Christmas nonpareil sprinkles. The sprinkles added a nice crunch to the cookies and of course they make the cookies look extra Christmasy.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup nonpareil sprinkles
- 25 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.|
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl. Roll the balls of dough, about 3 teaspoons of dough per cookie, then roll each ball into the sprinkles to coat. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source: Sally’s Cookie Addiction